HOLD AN OPEN HOUSE
There are many articles on the internet and elsewhere with regards to holding a successful “Open House”. Here are some tips I took from reading many of those articles.
- Planning at least a week ahead of time is the key to holding a successful “Open House”.
- Typically “Open Houses” are held on Sundays for 2 to 3 hours in the early afternoon.
- Make sure your home is neat, clean and organized.
- You may want to consider offering refreshments at your “Open House”. Think outside the box, make it fun.
- Make up a color flyer announcing your “Open House” with a photo and distribute them to all nearby real estate offices the week before your “Open House”. Get them into each agent’s mailbox
- Advertise your “Open House” in local publications. Include a photo, time and address.
- Make sure you are directing traffic from main roads to your “Open House” with directional “Open House” signs.
- Neighbors are a great source of word of mouth. Make sure your neighbors are aware of your “Open House”. Ask them to invite any friends, family and co-workers who may be in the market for a new home. Create and distribute a neighborhood flyer.
- Have a home financing professional prepare an “Open House” flier with a photo and several down payment and financing scenarios.
- Let Maine Living know about your planned “Open House” early in the week.