PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR SALE
There are many articles all over the internet with many great ideas on how to prepare your home to put it on the market. Below are a few key points I took from reviewing many of these articles.
- EXTERIOR – Curb appeal is essential. Lawns must be mowed, shrubs pruned. Gardens manicured. A couple new bags of mulch will often freshen garden areas. Windows cleaned, no peeling or blistered paint. A new “WELCOME” mat.
- INTERIOR – Walls must be clean and/or freshly painted with all cracks and holes repaired. DECLUTTER and DEPERSONALIZE. Not too many photos on the walls. Floors clean, carpets clean and not worn. Windows cleaned and sills dusted.
- The KITCHEN is an incredibly important room. It must be spotless clean. Polish your granite. Cupboards, closets and pantry need to be clean and organized. New caulking if needed.
- The BATHROOMS are also incredibly important rooms. They must be spotless clean. Polish your granite. Mirrors spotless. New caulking. Closets and drawers clean and organized.
- BASEMENT must be clean and organized, no clutter. It is important it not have a musty smell. A dehumidifier may be a wise investment. A pretty good idea to have your furnace cleaned and maintained prior to listing.
- GARAGE must be clean and organized. Must be room for vehicles.
- AIR QUALITY in your home is very important. The home must smell clean and fresh with no undesirable odors. Fresh flowers, scented candles and air fresheners will all help.